What not to love about Dubrovnik


If you know me, you know that I'm not an active person. I don't exercise. I don't go to gym. So I must say it was a genuine miracle how I survived every step that I had to take in Dubrovnik. And no, I'm not talking about the act or the movement of putting one leg in front of the other, but the placing of one's foot from one level to another. So here's the thing, there are lots and lots of that movement to be made when visiting Dubrovnik. Even the hotel didn't have an elevator. Although the hotel instruction says that in case of emergency do not use the elevator!

But what not to love about Dubrovnik! Staying on the beachfront. Waking up to the sound of the waves. The refreshing water of the empty beach. The wonderful cool breeze. The golden sun pricking my brown skin and preparing to manifest an amazing sunset. It was a perfect holiday! The song in my head, A la playa yo quiero ir a bailar...


However, I kept thinking how to draw waves? My sketchbook has been a place to try drawing them out. So how do you draw waves?







Also visited the Lokrum Island where I know that Rome is somewhere beyond the Adriatic Sea.





















This Friars Minor Franciscan Monastery reminded me of Saint Paul de Mausole in Saint Remy de Provence I visited in June last year.

Also, went to Cavtat to enjoy a lovely meal, learned about Vlaho Bukovac and saw some of his paintings at his old home and ended the day to experience yet another breathtaking sunset.

Comments