Praha, where have you been all my life?

There are countries that I have been ignoring. I don't know why. Maybe there is not enough attraction within me to imagine visiting them. But when I arrived in Praha, I immediately overcame this feeling. I was charmed. I was captivated, to be honest. Here are some of the reasons why.

I had the sweetest chocolate, loaded with cream at Cafe Louvre. Cafe Louvre was opened in 1902. Albert Einstein used to sit at this cafe. Also Franz Kafka. So I felt I've gone back in time. 


I love the old fashioned restaurants decorated with old stuff, like typewriters and old coffee pots. The food was delectable. And don't forget the Brezels!


I had the strongest chocolate at the Cafe Savoy. I had to add cream and more cream. Cafe Savoy first opened in 1895. Beautiful place! And no, I didn't find my twin. I was leaning against the mirror. 


The Alfonse Mucha's work at the Mucha Museum is very impressive! Please remember to pronounce his name right. It is not like the Mucha Lucha thing!
I also saw the first edition of Metamorphosis. 












It was worth waiting for the sunset by the Charles Bridge. 


Then lingered on for the city lights to come!




Went to see Don Giovanni at the theatre where Mozart himself conducted the same opera in 1787. Can't help but imagine the historical times while sat on the front row. I have been to a number of theatres but I think this one is the most beautiful. 



There were many other enjoyable things in Praha. It was lovely to dine by the river and try the local food. Walking up the hill soaked in the rain was memorable too. The trip ended by being upgraded to Business Class on the way home.  

Comments