The Mouth of the River Se in Pakse, Laos


After many hours of driving from Vientiane to Pakse, it was wonderful to be greeted by the friendly staff of Champasak Palace Hotel. The hotel room was located on the top floor with large double doors which opened out onto a terrace overlooking the beautiful view of the Sedone River. 

Built as a royal home for Prince Boun Oum Na Champassak, I felt like I’ve gone back in time. The architecture and the interior of the hotel recapture the bygone era. It was such a beautiful place. But the Prince was not able to make this palace his home. It was abandoned before its completion in 1974. In 1975, the Prince was exiled to France and never returned to Laos. The Palace was then converted into a hotel in 1995.

As I enjoyed my breakfast in its huge garden, it made me wonder how different this place would have been if it remained a palace. Would there be more flowers in the garden? Would there be better breakfast than toast, jam and fried eggs? One thing is certain though, if it remained a palace, I won’t be sitting there having breakfast. 

Comments

  1. very nice blog... i like it....
    where do u come from ?
    i want to know u...
    visit my blog...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment