Venice, My Love


I could have chosen a different destination for this romantic summer holiday. But I chose Venice. I wanted to see its beauty, to experience traveling by vaporetto, to hear the beautiful Italian language, to see fascinating people, to taste good food, enjoy the gelato, the coffee, the music and all nice things. 

I did all that and more. I love Venice. I enjoyed walking its narrow road, passing by its colourful and magnificent architectures, watching beautiful people, looking at the expressive Italians waving their hands while they speak, the friendliness, the beautiful live music ... They said it will be jammed pack full of people. They said it would be too hot. They said it would be too expensive. But none of this bothered me. I enjoyed every minute of it.

Coming back to the hotel after a wonderful day exploring the city, I found a candle, a bottle of champagne and some chocolates in the room courtesy of the hotel. This was to celebrate this lovely time in this romantic city.

Comments